Do you know that on April 25, the International Noise Awareness Day will be celebrated worldwide?
Throughout this week many activities are organized all around the world to raise awareness towards the negative effect of noise pollution and the importance of experiencing quietness for preserving and enhancing our mental and physical health, and social well being.
We are thrilled to participate in this worldwide initiative, with our two cents!
- On April 17, Antonella led a soundwalk with a group of female students and her teacher Juliana Kohl of the Rütlischule in the Reuterkiez. This soundwalk was part of the “Soundwalking in the kiez!” Program, initiated last year in the framework of the “Beyond the Noise” project and run in collaboration with the Stadtteilbüro Reuterkiez to promote and diffuse the soundscape culture in the Reuterkiez. Curious to read more? Click here!
- On April 21 Saturday night you could spot us walking back and forth along Weserstrasse in the Reuterkiez. And no, we were not clubbing around. Antonella and Michael Jäcker-Cüppers were supporting a community group in their fight against issues of noise and super gentrification processes going on in the kiez. We took noise measurements at several clubs and we were pretty much astonished by the high levels of noise reached. Cannot believe us? Watch the video we made at the corner Weserstrasse/Reuterstrasse.
- On April 25, the call for contributions to the special issue “Sound and the Healthy City” of the “Cities and Health” Journal will be launched. Stay tuned! We will write more about this very soon.
- On April 26 the public participation campaign of the next Berlin Noise Action Plan will be officially launched! This year the campaign will revolve around two issue: noise and quietness. You will be asked to comment on noisy and quiet spaces of Berlin. It’s a great opportunity to give your contribution and make your voice heard. We know you are crazy busy, but we hope you can make space on your agenda and to see you there!
Where: Köllnischen Park 3, 10179 Berlin
When: April 26 2018 18-20 pm
- From Berlin to Pistoia (Italy), where a two-day event will be organized to collect scholars, artists, architects, policy makers and the local experts and discuss about urban soundscapes. And the importance of having a great sonic quality in our cities and how sound contributes to our understanding and experiencing of the world. Antonella is part of the Organizing Committee and she will be also leading two terrific soundwalks in the historical centre of Pistoia, guiding the participants through 12 listening points where musical events will be active by the arrival of the group. The musical events have been envisioned and organized by Lorenzo Brusci. Click here to read the program!
We have joined the Thunderclap campaign organized by the great Quiet Community. There’s still time to become a supporter ending unwanted damaging noise and protecting quiet places worldwide. Join us and make our cities healthier, by clicking here!