With Hush City app, you are an active part of a soundscape and citizen science research project to map and evaluate everyday quiet areas. Our cities are becoming noisier by the hour. Only in Europe, over 125 million people are affected by noise pollution from traffic every year, and apparently, quietness is becoming a luxury available only to a few of us. By using this free mobile app, you will contribute to making quietness available to all those who appreciate it.
The Hush City app will help you to identify, access and evaluate “everyday quiet areas” in your neighborhoods. You can find places such as small, quiet spots where you can go to escape the city’s chaos, relax, read a book, play with your kids, and have a pleasant conversation. Chill out!
Join the Hush City community. It’s simple!
Using the Hush City app, you can:
1) crowdsource your favorite quiet spots and share them with the Hush City community;
2) identify and access quiet areas in your city or in other cities worldwide, shared by the Hush City users;
3) filter the quiet areas according to their sound levels, descriptors used to tag them, perceived quietness, visual quality and accessibility, as perceived by the users who crowdsourced the quiet areas;
4) engage in gaming activities;
5) review your personal surveys and delete them if you are not longer happy with them;
6) provide feedback on the Hush City project.
Do you know that the quiet areas crowdsourced with the Hush City app are now open access and available on line?
Explore the Hush City Map & happy (quiet) surfing!
2017, 1st version; 2018, 2nd version
The first version of the Hush City app received funding from the People Programme (Marie Curie Actions) of the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under REA grant agreement no. 600209 (TU Berlin – IPODI).
The second version of the Hush City app received funding from theHEAD-Genuit Foundation.