EUROPEAN URBAN INITIATIVE, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
- 2023 – present
- European Urban Initiative – Innovative Actions Programme (2023-2029)
- 2016 – present
- High-level Expert, Directorate-General Research & Innovation (MLE on Citizen Science, Topic 5 ‘Scaling up citizen science’) (2021-2023)
- Validated Expert, Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe Funding Programs R&I, European Research Executive Agency (2006-present)
Scientific Consultant & Expert
CONSULTANCY & EXPERT SERVICES FOR ACADEMIA, INDUSTRY, GOVERNMENT AND CIVIL SOCIETY
- 2010 – present
- Thematic areas: research and innovation, urban regeneration, liveability, health and well-being, social inclusion, participation and citizen science, mobility, cultural heritage, digital, qualitative and arts-based participatory methods and tools.
- Operational topics: research and horizon scanning, qualitative and comparative analysis, strategy design, project ideation, resource and founding, pilot testing, knowledge transfer and scaling up, participation and communication.
Inventor & Founder
- 2017 – present
- Hush City is a free mobile app & and platform to find, map and assess quiet places supporting EU/regional/local environmental policies.
UNIVERSITY OF SIENA & NATIONAL BIODIVERSITY FUTURE CENTER
- Member of the scientific unit of the PNRR CS4RIVERS project with research and leadership responsibilities.
Course Leader MA Planning Built Environments and Senior Lecturer in Urban Planning and Sustainability
BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
- 2022 – 2023
- Full-time Faculty Member with teaching, research and leadership responsibilities.
Project Coordinator and Senior Research Associate
MUSEUM FUER NATURKUNDE BERLIN, SCIENCE PROGRAMME SOCIETY AND NATURE
- 2020 – 2022
- European Project Manager & Coordinator, EU-Citizen.Science, the European platform of citizen science.
Project Leader and Senior Research Associate
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY BERLIN, INSTITUTE OF URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- 2016 – 2022
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (2016-2018), HEAD-Genuit Foundation Senior Research Fellow (2018-2020).
ITALIAN AND NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES
- 2010 – 2014
- Employer(s): University of Ferrara, Faculty of Architecture, Ferrara, Italy (2014, Spring); Kent State University, College of Architecture & Environmental Design, Florence, Italy (AY 2012/2013); University of RomaTre, Faculty of Architecture, Rome, Italy (AY 2012/2013); University of Firenze, Faculty of Architecture, Florence, Italy (2010, Fall).
- 2006 – 2016
- Architecture and urban regeneration projects as a Freelancer and with architecture and urban design firms.
PhD in Urban Design and Territorial Planning
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (USA) / UNIVERSITY OF FIRENZE (ITALY)
Dissertation awards: the 2010 National Institute of Urbanism Award for the best Italian dissertation in Territorial Planning and the 2012 City of Firenze Research Award.
BArch & MArch Architecture
UNIVERSITY OF FIRENZE (ITALY)
Awarded a degree in Architecture (Summa Cum Laude/Full marks with honours). Master thesis in Urban Design and Planning.
DOWNLOAD MY RESUME