EMPLOYMENT HISTORY & CONSULTANCY
EUROPEAN COMMISSION, DIRECTORATE-GENERAL RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- Years: 2021 – present
- Role: Member of the High-Level Expert Team working for the Mutual Learning Exercise on Citizen Science Initiatives, Policy and Practice
- Domain of expertise: nnovation and research, policy and practice, citizen science and societal engagement, scalability
Senior Research Associate
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY BERLIN, INSTITUTE OF URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- Years: 2016 – present
- Role: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (2016-2018), HEAD-Genuit Foundation Senior Research Fellow (2018-2020), Principal Investigator of Hush City (2017-present)
- Domain of expertise: urban and environmental planning, health & well-being, citizen and societal engagement, sustainable urban models, digital technology, research and innovation
Senior Research Associate
MUSEUM FUER NATURKUNDE BERLIN, SCIENCE PROGRAMME SOCIETY AND NATURE
- Years: 2020 – 2022
- Role: Project Coordinator
- Domain of expertise: social innovation, citizen science and societal engagement in European science projects, digital technology
MUNICIPALITIES OF BERLIN AND LIMERICK
- Years: 2017 – present
- Role: Inventor and Principal Investigator of Hush City
- Domain of expertise: urban environmental planning, quiet areas, citizen and societal engagement, digital technology, research and innovation, policy and practice
Scientific Consultant and Freelance Architect
NOT-FOR-PROFIT, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS
- Years: 2010 – 2015
- Client(s): e.g., Venice Biennial Foundation (Architecture), EXPO 2015 Milan, Foundation SIstema Toscana, INARCH / Italian Institute of Architecture, architectural and urban design firms.
- Domain of expertise: cultural and natural heritage, architecture, digital technology, public engagement
ITALIAN AND NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES
- Years: 2010 – 2014
- Employer(s): University of Ferrara, Faculty of Architecture, Ferrara, Italy (2014, Spring); Kent State University, College of Architecture & Environmental Design, Florence, Italy (AY 2012/2013); University of RomaTre, Faculty of Architecture, Rome, Italy (AY 2012/2013); University of Firenze, Faculty of Architecture, Florence, Italy (2010, Fall).
- Conception, design and lead of teaching modules at the Bachelor and Master level in Architecture and Urban Design.
PhD in Urban Design and Territorial Planning
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (USA) / UNIVERSITY OF FIRENZE (ITALY)
Dissertation awards: the 2010 National Institute of Urbanism Award for the best Italian dissertation in Territorial Planning and the 2012 City of Firenze Research Award.
BArch & MArch Architecture
UNIVERSITY OF FIRENZE (ITALY)
Awarded a degree in Architecture (Summa Cum Laude/Full marks with honours). Master thesis in Urban Design and Planning.
DOWNLOAD MY RESUME